PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 19:14
AvianceUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
£500 is what Captains get if they work on a day off - operative words being 'day off', they do not have to, but are prepared to give up some of their free time to support the operation. In return the company rewards them the (pay attention now) minimum amount they can get away with in order to ensure that enough of them do so if asked, else the program would have collapsed years ago and none of bmibaby would still be in jobs.
ONE DAY OFF!! Bloody hell!! A ground worker would have to work say 50 hours o/t ( without tax ), 70 with it!! To earn that kind of money a month..... Well In my region!!!! ( Low paid you see )!!!!!!!

It kinda amazes me how worthless us 'non-pilots' are to some.....

OK, it's a 'professional pilot rumorer network', BUT look at the forums that are here..... WE are here!!!!!!!!!

Without you, airplane goes nowhere... BUT equally, without us, airplane goes nowhere!!!! Do you work understaffed??? NO, But ground crew do! Try doing your job with 10 skilled staff down.... THEN complain!!!

I totally understand your plight, BUT, I hate to see resentment through the ranks, and colleagues arguing against each other....

Big up the BMI pilots!!!

Hope the staff get the recognition of their input sooner rather than later!!!