PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL/CPL snobbery
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 17:45
Mad Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stumpyotoole
There is no shame in having a PPL, it is a fantastic achievement for anyone- be they the fresh faced kids who come in clutching their trial lesson voucher with an excited yet nervous look on their face, or the 65 year old who has decided that the wife and kids have had their share and now it is time for him to have his turn and do something he really wants to do. I am beginning to resent the assumption that a PPL holder is somehow not worthy to call themselves a pilot. I realise that I am generalising slightly, and I apologise!
Who says it has to be a him???

How about a 43 year old female, never considered flying, EVER.
Had a trial aerobatics lesson (or 4) and started their PPL.
Any snobbery found in flying clubs should be dealt with as in the "real" world - take them out and shoot them!!! Oooops - may be a bit too violent for this forum.
I, too... professional (accountant - sorry!!!)... mortgage due to finish in approx 4 years, am considering CPL and FI in the future. This obviously depends on my assessment of whether I will turn out to be a good pilot and can communicate this information to others in a practical fashion.

Met my first frozen ATPL on Thursday - and he seemed a really nice guy. Had obviously turned FI to hours build but said he was learning lots and really enjoying it. The nice thing...... He didn't know I was a student who just happened to be sitting at the same table in the club.

Don't judge them all with the same colour - there are nice people out there. Just shoot the pompous ones!!!