PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 27th Aug 2006, 09:58
Speed bird 002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt take any A-levels, i think there rubbish. Thats just my personal opinion. However, i studied a BTEC National Diploma In Aerospace Engineering. I really enjoyed the course has it was a field i would later be entering in. I was taught subjects such as, Gas turbine engines, theory of flight, mass and balance, avionic systems, health and safety, maths and physics that was at A-level standard. other subjects such as, Aerospace Science and mechanical principles. During the second year, i also managed a project where i constructed an aerofoil with a NACA 4412 profile. it was Interesting testing it in the wind tunnel and using set data, to calculate lift/drag and different angles of attack.

Now the reason i was pointing all this out is just to let young students know that it isnt necassary to study A-levels. wouldnt you prefer to study subjects you would later study in the ground school?. Just a thought and if your wondering how well i did, well i got 320 UCAS points when i graduated from the course. Thats 2A'S and B.

Think about it and think again. Then have drink and think for the third time and then decide.

Hayder