PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted
Thread: Stansted
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 09:48
FLCH-SPD

Remember of course that the vast majority of stands at STN are not Airbridge equipped
That is only true if you include SAT 3

If you think, for example, of the 13/14 based EZY a/c at STN then only a maximum of 3 of these would be parked on stands for their first departure which would enable an airbridge to be used.
4 prior to last weeks misshap, but then look at how many turn arounds we operate on stands equipped with a bridge.

I would be interested in seeing this written confirmation
You should have done... It was a "Swissport" issued memo.

A quick check shows in excess of 70% of dispatchers are licensed a/b operators.
Sorry but I think you'll find it's more like 50%

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend BAA. Take a close look at STN and it's an absolute disgrace, so much so that I think it's high time that the HSC came and had a snoop around. I can list at least 4 things that I see on a daily basis that go completely against H&S. All I'm saying is that you cannot put all of the blame onto the fact that it is mainly used by lo-co's. It's an airport, and it should be a safe environment for all passengers and staff, weather they're customers of easyJet or EOS!

By the way, I notice the BAA PR department have worked overtime to keep this one out of the media. There's not a peep anywhere.
Oh haven't they just, I notice now that the incident has been covered over with opaque plastic sheeting. I wonder how long it will be before it actually gets repaired... 6 months.... 1 year?

Last edited by FLCH-SPD; 27th Aug 2006 at 21:23.