PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett Reunion
Thread: Ansett Reunion
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 09:20
COP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I along with my entire family worked for Ansett from 1968 until 2001. Some of us the entire time and some of us less, but all of us worked together at AN. It was seen as a family from before I can remember and I still think of it as that. I am now at my 4th airline and other members of my family are in a similar boat, regardless all of us are still in the industry. I found that after the collapse there is a lot out there and I became a member of the police force in Victoria and enjoyed the job. But I always thought back to the days when AN was the place to be in any field. A lot of people hurt during the time of the collapse and in 89, and I say that because I know, 4 out of 4 out of a job all in the same day. But since then all of us have returned to aviation 2 in OZ and 2 not in OZ. All I can say is that I know I would love to be there to have a beer and I know my family would like to be also, as history is important, not necessarily to talk about the old days and wish we were still thewre, but because in a way Ansett shaped a part of our lives, I know it did for me.