PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Holidays and hours
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 08:25
170'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIBUK

Interesting post!

I´m on day rate at present, and accepting long tours due to avarice. currently 35 on,for this tour.

12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Fly one training mission a week,and whatever SAR comes up. 3 missions this week. about 5 hours, plus 1.4 training. (alternate mountain and maritime winch ops)

Standard company tours seem to be 15 on 15 off,with paid days over.

Fixed base deals. (Where you live at your new home) are max 22 days a month, which I think are vigorously applied during the fire season, with a lighter schedule during the winter months

I currently work for a really big operation, and there has to be a lot of give and take, to accomodate the various divisions, and short term variation...

Public holidays for fixed base guys are given if possible.otherwise paid in lieu..Át least thats what some guys have said...Doesn´t apply on day rate of course!

When not flying, the co-pilot reads manga comics and asks probing questions about aerodynamics, AC/DC electrics, Boyles law etc?

When he does this....I rarely know the answer !

So!...Send him for coffee, and look up the answers...On his return, I´ve remembered the answer, even to include the occasional line drawing or formula...Fortunately he´s non-English speaking, and won´t read this...Or the games up

Basically I spend most of my non flying hours reading, and the other guy makes beaucoup visits to the coffee shop ...

Yes, the pilots do the give part of the ' give and take scenario (SOP)

170´