PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2006, 22:44
frontcheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I agree there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed between the pilots and bmi , I do not believe strike action is the way to go. Customers have lost confidence in the company , mostly because of the confused and knee-jerked way the NBM was introduced and in reality have little idea who bmi is. A bit mainline, a bit baby, a bit long-haul, a bit regional a bit Star Alliance so to hear that the few loyal business customers we have left (just look at the load factor/yield figures for the last 12 months) are re-scheduling to other carriers disheartens me. The consequencies of any strike action (for however short) will take weeks , months , possibly years to repair. So if industrial action takes place , spare a thought for your colleagues in the Terminal , they will be the ones having to deal with customers from cancelled flights ,they will be the ones who have to tell the elderly Granny that she cant get to Australia to see her grandchild ,they will be the ones who are not governed by maximum working hours and if/when flights start again they will be the ones still dealing with the fall-out for a long time. We all have a role to play in the industry and no group should feel superior to another.
Oh and by the way, the guys in the terminal get paid £5.89 an hour !!!