PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2006, 18:25
Strobe lights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pigsfly.. thanks!! I´ll check for Homer more often!!

Bealzebub.. thanks for your post and nope, I never liked the results. At the above post you´ll find many reasons why, I have some more if you want.
Looking for the result that I want? no!! the one´s that I deserve and not only the results but the treatment!! (forum shopping? can I shop here?)..
What I do expect from the initial authority? to know and comply the JAA-JAR´s and off course accept my medical certificate and the reality that I am already a pilot..

The Doc that denied my first initial medical doesn´t even knows that other lanterns exists until I showed him, they don´t even have an advance "practical" medical training (I personally asked him), as required by our beloved JAA-JAR´s..
I know a lot about my country and about the "civil servants" here, they love to play God.. How can that person tells me that I can not fly due to my CVD when he doesn´t even know nothing about all these? If somebody comes here and demostrates and convinces me that I shouldn´t be flying I´ll pay him!!.. but guess what? the real situation is that I can demostrate right the opposite!! do they let you do that? Why not?

Irrelevant that we (CVD - already pilots) really knows if we are safe or not?!!.. irrelevant? do you think that I´ll be flying around if I wouldn´t differentiate any of the colours that we see and use while flying!!! Does anybody knows how many CVD Pilot´s are flying under FAA alone?

I´ve been in an A320 cockpit many times (glass cockpit ), for the whole part of the flight, with a captain that knew my "colour defficiency", and guess what he said after several flights practicing around with the colours?..

I know that I can use my new JAA medical for flying all over EU but what if they (my country) try to get my medical suspended or even worse, revoked by the JAA? that´s what I´m worried about and that´s my question here.. Can they do that? Why they don´t just accept it and recognized that I passed one of the ****** lanterns with a JAA recognized AMC, that I now have been considered "safe" by a JAA AMC/AMS!!

Well, I guess that´s enough for now, sorry for the lengthy post!! and yes I am an architect, of my life, my only misfortune is to stumble with intransigent people, not ready for a change and not prepared enough to make decisions, decisions that affects other´s people lives. Simply, not fair!!

Regards..