PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2006, 17:29
mccdatabase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For God's sake, HOW MANY MORE TIMES...because those who do not work on the flight deck have absolutely no idea about the issues that are affecting the FLIGHT DECK crew.
It goes back to 'enough is enough'. It's not to do with 2.4% forced this year, it's to do with the failed promises, stringing along, lack of sensible dialogue etc etc that has carried on and on and on.
The ballot has drawn the management to the discussion table - is that such a crime?
I have NEVER argued against the case for union/employee and management discussions to resolve some very unwelcome attacks on our terms and conditions and it is to be hoped that these impending talks will indeed resolve the issues that we all have , however I would question the wisdom of strike action as a means of forcing the company to back down, you can see from the tone of some of the posts on this thread that even the threat of strike action has our customers( the people who ultimately pay our wages ) transferring their business to other carriers, given the general state of the revenues and profits at the moment this is the LAST thing any of us should want, sadly there are those who patently DO NOT CARE about the future well being of the airline or the people who have invested many years in working for bmi through the good times and the bad. Reading some of the contributions on this thread makes me think we are back in the seventies when militants were the scourge of many industries, I did not expect to see it resurface thirty odd years later especially in well educated and normally sensible professionals (albeit in a tiny minority) these are the people who really need to ask themselves "do I want to continue working for this company if I get so screwed?". All I ask is please bear in mind any action the Pilot work force takes MAY have an effect on other staff in other areas, if the company is forced to find more money for pay or allowances, I agree that there are issues that must be resolved but different people voted for action for different reasons some about pensions ,some about 2.4% some about crew rosters, some about all three!! nevertheless dialogue is the way to go, strikes benefit no one in the long run

I will now await the input from Miss Management who thinks he/she is the only PILOT than can have an opinion. hope the curry is not as hot as his/her head!!!