PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2006, 13:31
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Um Lifting
Great post. Sudan sounds just as delightful as I have always been led to believe and it sounds as if CHC management is just as wonderful to its employees wherever they are based in Africa. Mrs Wind says that I am getting rather porky at the moment and has asked me to ask you to send details of the Heglig spa programme. She also asks if the cholera and dysentry technology is available on e-bay? If so could you please post the website address? What are these marine fares? Do you have to travel by boat? Difficult in the desert, I'd have thought. Although I suppose from what you're saying you get to Heglig by 'ships of the desert'. Mrs Wind also fancies a cruise and says that if I can get a posting to Sudan she'd like to accompany me on the marine part of the journey.
I was also recently told that CHC uses the marine fares because so many of the places they operate are so safe that they will only employee ex-marines to go there .
I heard of several S76 qualified pilots who have recently been turned down by Vancouver because they have no requirement for any more pilots in Nigeria this year - a bit odd when there have been a couple of helicopters sitting on the ground in Port Harcourt recently. I'm told Aero didn't have enough pilots to fly them. Bristow and Pan African are in a similar state. I guess all the top management in both companies are sent off to South Africa to observe ostriches in the commercial ostrich farms there so they get first-hand experience of how to bury their heads in the sand when things get tough .