PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atsin 89
Thread: Atsin 89
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2006, 09:00
Talkdownman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If ATSIN 089 is triggered by Airprox 45/06 then I am actually OFFENDED by it. I try extremely hard under difficult circumstances fending off traffic for which we have NO MANDATE to provide a service to, but still it continues to be an intrusion and imposition compromising the primary task and, therefore, flight safety. We do not have the spare capacity do deal with pseudo-LARS requests. The old NATCS /Civil Service culture was to do your best for every user all of the time. In this commercial world sadly that is no more and ATSOCA controllers in particular spend a great deal of time covering their back-sides in a licence-losing environment where ridiculous sutuations develop because of POOR AIRMANSHIP. I desperately attempt to ensure compliance with ATSIN 089 whilst trying to minimise the serious disruption that such itinerant traffic causes. I look forward to the day that CAA and NATS and DAP TAKE POSITIVE ACTION to rectify this dangerous situation. ATSIN 089 does not contribute to this. If anything, the authorities would better spend their time clarifing the AVAILABILITY of the services to which ATSIN 089 refers.