PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2006, 02:18
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool FYD - try not to panic!!!

Hi guys

Not another diary entry today, but just wanted to say that there is generally a week between the time that they start ringing your refs. and the time that they call you up to send you for a medical.

As far as your ref saying that she wasn't directly supervising you, I used to work in an environment where my immediate supervisor changed all the time and I just chose one supervisor to be my ref. and she told VB that she wasn't my supervisor everyday, but she has seen me at work, etc.. and that seemed to be fine.
Don't panic, your ref. interview seemed to be a normal 15 minute interview, so I don't think the answer to the first question would have been an issue - seeing that they continued with the whole phone interview. I think it would have been worse if she had said "Oh that might be a problem, I really need to speak to a direct supervisor - but thankyou for your time... bye bye" - That would have been much worse! Expect to be sent to a medical in about a weeks time or so. - Fingers crossed!

I did go luggage shopping last night, but the really really nice bags are like 200-300 each. I did see a reasonable one at target, they were having a 50% off sale. I might go to DFO today, and check out some of the shops there (I know there are a couple of luggage/bag shops there) and then I will make my final decision. I need them in 10 days time (my first trip!!!) OMG!!!

Anyway, before I bore you all to tears, have a fab weekend - and FYD don't stress too much. I bet that in about a weeks time, you will be posting "I AM GOING TO A MEDICAL!!!!!!"

Anyway, until Monday's diary entry... take care!
STF