PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2006, 22:53
followyourdreams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seektofly- wow only 5 full days to go. Good on you girl, we are all so proud of you and excited of course. Yay, shopping for an overnight bag. OMG I'm beside myself with excitement just reading your post.

Anyway, I'm such a loser - I have the biggest hangover and am on here typing away (see can't you feel my dedication to this site and VB)hahahah.

Ok the reason for my hangover is that I went to see Eskimo Joe at the Forum (in Melbourne) last night. They are soooo good, and he has the sexiest voice. I actually didn't drink too much but my head is pounding!!!!!!

Anyway, my reference rang the HR woman in Brisbane that had called and she said she think she passed the questions she asked (i bloody hope she did). She spoke to the HR woman for around 15 minutes. The first question she asked was "did you work directly with ....." and she said no. The woman said "oh I see" as in "oh that could be a problem", but then she said she saved it and said "but I know exactly what she did every day and her work ethic blah blah blah". How much do you think they take references into account when employing someone? I mean I made it through the VRD because they like ME but then when they do a reference check, do you think there minds can be swayed by the reference? As if your going to choose someone that would give you a bad rap anyway - but still you never know My reference is aamazing and she said she only had great things to say about me, but the fact she told the HR woman that she didn't work directly with me etc is a bit concerning. Also, they never rang my other reference back. Geez they didn't really try did they? They rang once, she didn't answer, and then didn't even try again. Weird I say.

How long between checking references and ringing me for a medical do you think??