PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted
Thread: Stansted
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2006, 21:09
xxx5572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
howflytrg

How I appreciate your comment of reporting the fault, i can only guess that you havnt actually reported anything yourself.
From my experience you will never go far at stn without finding a fault and many times i have taken time during work to get these problems fixed however the oh so helpful fault line only gets you through to an engineer that sounds like they have just woken up and the problem will 'be dealt with shortly'. And eventually if the problem is seen to it never seems to be fixed but only repaired for the short term and ground staff find themselves repeating the same process over and over again. BAA are landlords of the airport property and therefore should run weekly checks of the airport and deal with them.
How about a troubleshoot team, a duty manager, enineeering manager, a few handling agent managers and god forbid a check in agent/ gate agent/dispatcher could all walk round and identify problems and get them fixed properly in order of priority??? maybe if a system like this was in place the airbridge problem could have been prevented. Just my opinion and experiences