PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2006, 19:38
Dr. Spin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keepitlit
no spin from the company on the web site about the vote, paul daniels couldnt even use his magic to spin the vote around
rgds
K.i.L.
K.I.L. I think I should spell it out in a language that the company can understand, then they can just cut'n'paste it into the website:

Re: BALPA/bmi mainline

release date: 25/08/2006

bmi mainline has today been advised by BALPA (British Airline Pilots’ Association) that 25 of bmi mainline 370 pilot workforce have voted against strike action. This represents 6.8% of the total bmi mainline pilot workforce.

Given that less than 7% of bmi mainline pilots voted against a strike we do not welcome BALPA’s decision to proceed with one. BALPA have requested a meeting with us to attempt to find a way through the dispute and we are reflecting on that proposal.

bmi mainlines’s offer of negotiations for a multi year pay deal for 2007 onwards remains on the table and we remain hopeful that any industrial action can be avoided.

Customers are advised to make changes to their travel plans. bmi mainline have no contingency plans in place to deal with any operational disruption and will keep customers advised of current information via its website, www.flybmi.com.

Last edited by Dr. Spin; 26th Aug 2006 at 20:11.