PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2006, 13:25
clevis pin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having watched this thread with interest and as an employee of bmibaby I can assure you that the flight deck DO NOT have the support of the rest of the baby staff. Everyone I have spoken with has used one of the following terms 'mercenary – selfish – self-centred – greedy’ and many other which are unrepeatable.
Your arrogance at believing you have our support is as misguided as the letter distributed by BALPA claiming this. Lies, lies and more damn lies.
You make constant reference to the ‘enforced’ pay rise but have you thought of the personnel who make it possible for you to fly, they earn far less than you and have accepted 2.4% as reasonable considering the present economic situation.
They do not receive £500 for selling a day off – of which pilots have many!
Baby staff have an agreement for profit share – it was previously a fixed sum and then 100% of the pot was spread amongst the staff based on wages.
It was changed to 50% by wage and 50% split per person without your permission god forbid and the management reversed this in attempt to placate your greed.
Neither you nor BALPA have made any mention of this – God forbid you should reveal to your co-workers that your greed has left them out of pocket or that the management have tried to appease you.
We know that bookings for Aug / Sept have been affected by BALPA’s decision to broadcast this dispute to the press; as such there is very little chance of receiving our bonus at all. Thanks.
On the issue of the extra tax you have to pay – do you think you are so special that you don’t need to pay tax at the going rate; as far as I’m concerned they should back date it.
Mccdatabase maybe I can take the flack for awhile as I am entitled to my opinion (moist take note) - I may not respond immediately (keepitlit take note) - Sorry for telling the truth (one four sick take note).
“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed”
Mahatma Gandhi
Gravity’s a myth the earth sucks !!!