PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Limitations on special Boeing 737-800 series
Old 25th Aug 2006, 11:03
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carmoisine:

I don't want to get into any slanging match: you said, he said. I did very well RTFP, but

You started with " I assume you are talking about RYR.....". Just because your CP has issued a temporary company restriction does not mean that other C.P's have not done the same. Equally "....due to occurances in flight..". does not necessarily mean that it was to a RYR a/c. You may know it was, but it was not clear. If you do know, please enlighten the rest of us.

It is still an interesting question, if indeed it is purely a RYR fleet restriction, as to what is so different about the RYR operation compared to others. Surely your CP would have informed the crews as to the back ground of this issue. I would have thought it wise to keep all informed about such a rather drastic operational limitation. After all, trundling along at FL330 wondering what has gone wrong before at higher levels can make someone nervous. At least when the fixed flap speed schedule speed increase for F5 was applied on earlier B737's everyone knew why and thus understood. Admittedly that was worldwide fleet issue, but then why is this not one?
If Zed 3 is correct it should affect more than RYR. By the way; have RYR altered their Plogs for the increased fuel burn. It would seem from R.R. that the lower levels are a surprise to ATC. This would suggest that the RFPL's are still being filed at higher levels.