PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Will work for free'
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2006, 10:42
endofeng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a former Engineer (Non Airline), I find it an absolute insult to proffesional personnel to have to pay for any form of Training!

It is not just the Airline Industry that has to pay large amounts of money to train their workforce. It is the same in most Industries.....(most industries getting on with it, planning it into their yealry budget!)

For example, in my former life, I was tasked to source training for several of my Engineers to train on a new piece of equipment, that entailed them going to Germany for several weeks, at a cost of well over £30k per man.....This was not even blinked at as the company needed them trained to continue production (ie, Airline can't operate without Pilots!).

In my opinion, and this is just my personal point of view, the Airlines can afford to train new pilots, but they don't need to as long as there are people willing to pay for themselves! And before anyone rattles on about how difficult it is to get that first job, I know!

If we all made a stand against this form of prostitution, Airlines would be forced to again employ people and train them without a cost to the pilot (whom in many cases is allready heavily in debt!).

Its not rocket science, the Airlines have never had it so good! Little wonder BMI etc....are about to strike! Wake up and smell the coffee people, REVOLT!

---------------
endofeng