PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2006, 07:59
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't panic FYD - there will be another training school after September 18.

Hi guys!

Just got home from training school. I am sorry I didn't write much yesterday, but I was absolutely buggered when I got home.

Wow - FYD! YAY! I am sooooo excited for you!!! I know that there is going to be another group after the September 18 group (Group 89) and Group 90 I believe might just be the last group this year... Maybe at the end of September, early October... They should be sending you to a medical soon. My fingers are crossed!

Julesz, I am still waiting for that coffee and donut from KK's. PM me your flight details, and I will put in a bid to be on your flight - but you need to do that ASAP. I wouldn't mind doing a Tasmania Flight - I might even get an overnighter out of it!!!

Other than that, as you all know - I only have a week left. WOO HOO

Oh, and before I forget, Wings night is a night where we all get together, bring along 2 of our family and friends, and we go to a venue, and they present us with our "Wings Badges" - they provide a limited amount of alcohol, and then we have to do a song or a skit or a presentation to the people who have come to see us (our family, friends, our trainers), and then we get blind drunk (because we don't go in our uniforms) and have a good time in general. Ok - moving right along.

Virgin Blue Training School. Week 4, Day 5. August 25, 2006.
5 days of training left!

Well guys the countdown is on - Only 5 full days of training left. I am a bit scared and alot excited but it should be great to be out online. I am really picturing myself on that cart now!

Today we had a very mixed day. We were meant to have a presentation done this afternoon by a "guest speaker" but she was not able to make it down from Brisbane. This morning we talked about our performance with customers, and with the job and good vs. bad. We also did some role plays - and some were absolutely hysterical. One group had a go at doing "the correct way to do a safety demo" which was fine, but then they did the "incorrect way to do a safety demo" which was really funny. The girls in that group were pointing out the exits as if they couldnt care less which direction they were pointing to with one hand, turning around and laughing, and with the oxygen masks they were swinging them around really casually - oh, it was sooooo funny!!!

After lunch we had a few more discussions about what our customers expected of us etc.. and guest care, and how we should interact with them. After that, they gave us the good news that they wouldn't give us the homework work sheet for homework, and that they would give it to us then and there... so we could complete and hand it in on the spot. We did that and then they gave us some time to practice/orgaise our skit for the wings night presentation. Our group has absolutely no idea!!!! I just hope that we are all drunk when we do it - it will probably look alot better.

Anyway, I am off now - this will be the first complete weekend off - I am soo excited about it too!!! Tonight I might even go luggage shopping for my overnight bag - exciting times!!!

Until Monday (or until I have something else to say), take care.

STF