PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - $500-QF staff bonus.
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2006, 00:25
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B A Lert
I would assume that as you carping whingers are so cycnical and derisive about the bonus that you cannot possibly accept it and request that Qantas instead pay it to the charity of your choice?
Actually that was precisely what I was planning to do with the $300!

The problem, BAL, is not that we all desperately want a CEO type bonus. With the very odd way that QF runs its payroll, $300 is well within the normal up & down variation of my pay packet so I won't even notice it & couldn't care less whether they just paid it straight to a charity on my behalf (they won't, but at least it would benefit then by the full $500)!

The problem is with the quite considerable effort employees go to every day and the perception that the CEO pays mere lip service to it. Which makes you wonder why you didn't just chuck on an extra 5 tonne. And why you bothered calling the next port to get them to have that spare part ready. And why you bothered suggesting to the POCO that he plan to bus the pax from the remote stand you're stuck on due to terminal congestion. And why you extended duty. And why you reworked the takeoff data at the last minute so you could squeeze on the extra freight. And....and....and....