PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 24th Aug 2006, 23:42
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chandlers dad
Another person caught by using profiling! At this time the country was under an almost constant attack from various organizations in Northern Ireland. You can bet that the security people at the airport were looking very closely at anyone with a passport or identification from this area and caught her before she was able to get on the gate.

You are correct, we have ONE white person out of all of the terrorists, and the organization she was working with has now been disbanded. This is the reason why we search all of the passengers, but hopefully in the future will profile to concentrate on the suspicious ones just a bit more.
I don't believe that this lady had anything to do with that terrorist organisation or any terrorist organisation. She was just an innocent dupe of her boyfriend, by whom she was in fact pregnant. It's probably entirely coincidental that she happened to be Irish. His whole point was to use a safe white woman to do the bombing.

And ISTR that she was only stopped at the gate by the extra LY security, where I believe they search everything to a degree that most passengers can only dream - nay, nightmare - about. Caught by profiling? I'd be interested to know if you have any hard evidence of that, or whether you've jumped to that conclusion just because she was Irish.