PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Will work for free'
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2006, 22:15
bellagio60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not a way to do business

I dont have to read comments from my fellow collegues to know you will get a roasting for your comments. However.............

I can understand that you want a break.

You will just make it harder for yourself in the long run if you take this line of approach. If i can offer some advise.

When most of us start spending and learning to fly aircraft we are not privy to the difficulty in obtaining that first job. Its a sad fact but many never become professional pilots. However persistance DOES pay most I dont know any person that hasnt made it that hasnt stuck it out. It has to consume your life. If you are this desperate this is what you must do.

Pilots spend lot of their time a resources to gain employment. I have seen pilots paying for work it took me six years to become a professional. I blame my maturity at a young age and the fact pilots were paying to work as a pilot.In the end I had to travel 3000km and base myself somewhere no one wanted to be.

Be consistent with you follow ups with employers accept their critisisms that come your way but dont let it deter you. most of all workout your weaknesses if any when seking employment opportunities.

It is as people say you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Once you have the experience it comes easier. If you know people in the industry ask them for some help. It might help if you work as a aircraft washer, a refueller, a baggage handler. I dont know your position. Pilots dont start making money until well into their career until them we are poor broke drive the cheapest car work in the worst conditions so when you do become a Commander of a jet remember what it took to get u their and why you should give away your labour.

I hope this helps you I hope you become one of us the right way.

And then maybe you can offer someone advise or give them a leg up in aviation.