PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atsin 89
Thread: Atsin 89
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2006, 20:35
LostThePicture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Is it only me that thinks that the UK airprox board and SRG have their heads up their collective back ends.
Nope, you can count me in as well. Clearly those that published this ATSIN have successfully distanced themselves far enough from the live traffic environment to neither know nor care whether something is workable to the common ATCO.

I'm lucky enough not to have to provide ATSOCAS to foreign pilots very often, but when I do, you're unlikely to hear me change the service - for the very reasons you have mentioned. If the pilots don't readback RAS and if RAS doesn't exist in their country, do they even know what a RAS is? Or what their responsibilities are under a RAS?

As a final point, the ATSIN states that any queries or comments should be made to a Mr Richard Taylor, somewhere in Penpusherland. I can't say that anything as half-baked as this ATSIN makes me want to engage in dialogue with the man, but if any other ATCO wants to pour scorn on this silly little piece of bureaucracy, they know where to write.

LTP