PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mobile phone question
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2006, 15:09
BMED LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Originally Posted by sukigirl
Thanks for that response beana, I see your point about your friend not being aware of your last minute delay to check airline info.

BMED i clicked on that link but couldnt navigate to the mobile phone regs. I know that gadgets such as furbys and psp's (if they are being used in connection with another handheld) are not to be used in flight. However have heard that some airlines are begginning to allow the use of mobiles in flight as some a/c are being fitted with certain equipment to stop the interference. can anyone shed some light on this?
Furbys , Lol ...
I went on the CAA website and just put in mobile phones on the search section .Also there are some mobile phones that have flight safe mode , This is allowed DURING FLIGHT ONLY, NOT TAKE-OFF/LANDING .But to be honest I don't really know much about them and when I ask passenger's if the mobile is in flight safe mode , When they have there mobile's on during flight , I just smile and hope it is !! The CAA website is very good , As it has loads of info and you can see that the crew are just doing there job by the way SEP procedures tell us .

And on that note I have left my mobile switched on loads of flights by mistake ..oop's I know naughty , This subject is really GREY . But when I was at Virgin Atlantic one of the Girls a crew member was reported to the captain on a British Airways flight by another crew member and he returned the aircraft to the gate and had her taken off the the flight for texting during taxi and and for that silly mistake , but she should of known better ,She can now only commute on BMI . So just keep your mobile off to be safe .

Last edited by BMED LHR; 24th Aug 2006 at 16:26.