PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serv International - Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2006, 14:52
EagleWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airserv

In my year and a half with the company there was not much to complain about. The above comments about the pay in comparison are true to some extent except what is not mentioned is that with a lot of the SA companies, when their boys go home for a month they do not get paid. So if you work things out over lets say a year, there is not that big a difference. Take the medical cover provided by Airserv into account and you probably getting a very similar deal. BUT, yes there is always a but, with Airserv you are basicly employed in country for a year!! and this is the main reason that I moved on. You spend a year in country, you get 28 days off in your first year. They only pay for you to fly in at the beginning of your contract and out at the end any other trips for leave you pay for. On some of the contracts you will get R&R, this differes from contract to contract but is something like a week off after 8 weeks on duty. I have been lucky in my move in that I now get to do 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off and still be a bit better off at the end of the month.
It is not all bad!!! but being away for a whole year was not for me.
Good Luck
EW