PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 24th Aug 2006, 13:03
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
On-MarkBob,

Some of you chaps are so busy fuming that I worry about your ability to continue your profession, in the immediate future, in a calm and professional manner.

I gave my opinion. I stand by it. This is a forum for such things, is it not? In MY job I never use a mobile phone at/in the aircraft. I say again, in MY job. If your job requires it, so be it. How did you manage before you had the phone? Perhaps your company needs to consider how its ops may come to a grinding near-halt if you don't have a mobile all the time. Perhaps that would then be the spur to get some of the management types on the back of whoever dreamed up the security 'rules'. If that is what you feel needs doing, then start the process.

I may not approve of what is going on but metaphorically 'stamping my foot' here and going on about hurt feelings will achieve nothing. The procedures are HERE, deal with them. Aren't we, as pilots, supposed to be able to maintain a semblance of professional fortitude in times of stress? Perhaps, with a bit of time and professional manoeuvring, we can get things evened out a bit.

Some of the postings here are sounding akin to the ravings of the very fanatics that are causing the security problem.