PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Slot Nazis at PMI
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2001, 12:37
Lazlo

Spoonbill,

The "nazi" comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. If you haven't seen the Seinfeld episode "Soup Nazi" then you will not get the joke but I will apologise for nothing. If you are offended by it then I can only assume you are a Spanish ATCO in which case I am glad you are offended. If you cannot handle it then you shouldn't bother with this website. The 10 minute tolerance I am talking about is the time 1720-1730 you mention, nothing more - you know the "departure window" of -5 minutes to +10 minutes on slot. I am not talking about trying to go at 1731 or later, and I am most definitely not ignorant of the slot rules as you suggest as I have to deal with them every day. PMI is the only airfield I have encountered that seem to do things very differently than everywhere else in Europe which is why I have started this posting. 160to4DME has answered my question, in a well thought out and reasoned post, (unlike yours) and I thank him for that. PMI do not allow pilots to leave stand if they think that they will be a minute late at the threshold which in my opinion is too stringent and it is making a lot of people late. And when you know that the reason for the cancellation of your slot is so that a Spanish operator can get out ahead of you it doesn't exactly help matters. You obviously have no idea what it is like down there - it isn't the same high standard of ATC as a UK airfield that's for sure.

Lazlo

[This message has been edited by Lazlo (edited 07 May 2001).]