PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2006, 08:47
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Blue Training Ground School. Diary Entry

Virgin Blue Training School. Week 4. Day 4. August 24, 2006.
6 Days to go

I am exhausted.

We are still in the post section of training.. This morning we went through the safety demonstration (you know where they all stand in the aisle and point out the exits, show you how to use an oxygen mask etc...). I am going to really mess it up ! I can feel it in my waters!

Then we learnt about the On Board Trainer - (which for those who aren't familiar with DJ practices is a little machine that is like a cash register that records all the food and drink we sell on board. Then it was lunch time and after lunch we went to have a look at the catering company that stocks our bars, our snacks etc... It was interesting and we even got a little thankyou gift for coming down - a bottle of water and a snack pack of cheese and bikkies. It was yummy! This afternoon we learnt about what happens from the moment you get to the airport to start your duty until the time we are sitting down for takeoff. I was going to sleep in this afternoons class, but I am glad that there is only 6 days of training school left. I am over the whole classroom thing already! I mean that in a good way - I just want to get out online and put it all into practice.

Anyway, I am not too sure about what is happening tomorrow, but I think that next Wednesday, we are off to Brisbane for some talks etc... but we have to wait and see if the aircraft isn't too full... The last 2 training courses had to cancel their trip to Brisbane for that day as the flight was full, and as we travel on Standby, we didn't get on

Anyway, I will keep you posted as to what happens tomorrow.

Cheers,

STF