PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerospace/Aviation Management
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2006, 05:14
NavPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
Then the question is when do you do it. I'd suggest that if there are part-time options, get on with your flying training, then once you are in the seat take advantage of the quiet times (I'm sure you'll have them) to pursue these further academic qualifications - such as something like an MBA.

If the only option is to do it full time, then you have a difficult decision - because if you're worth anything as a pilot, what you really want to do is fly aeroplanes. So, either you defer your airline career for a while, or store up a career break later, or just accept that it's not the best thing for you.

Which doesn't answer the question, but I hope may clarify it a bit.
G
May not answer the question, but very good advice...for me too . Thanks Ghengis.
A degree may not be of much assistance to GET that job...but it can certainly be of assistance to give you other options once already an established pilot (management etc) or work as a standby, in case you have to quit flying ( )for some reason.
Embry Riddle does provide degree options, both UG and PG, in several disciplines. Have a look at them at the following link.
http://www.erau.edu/ec/alldegrees.html
I think the good thing about their programs is that it allows you to pursue their courses at your own pace (besides ofcourse being accessible worldwide).
ERAU is one I know of...any others that provide online degree, and the likes, out there..??

Cheers