PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 18:28
Dr. Spin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's D-day tomorrow for mainline, and I hope for everyone's sake that we get a massive YES vote.

As my dearly departed granny used to say, 'you can poke the most placid dog with a stick, but eventually it will turn around and bite you'

I think we've all been aggravated for long enough and tomorrow will tell.

For those of you unfamiliar with the exact mainline pay dispute, it's not all about money. In fact my vote was mostly swayed by the refusal by management to honour the agreement signed in good faith in 2004. If we let them railroad us this time then we can kiss goodbye to any, an I mean ANY ability to negotiate in the future!

Today’s corporate memo from NT states:

".... I wanted to update you on the BALPA situation. I have written to Jim McAuslan of BALPA, offering a meeting to discuss the issues raised by BALPA, in relation to its members in all airlines across the group.

It is important that we both address issues constructively, especially in light of the recent difficulties facing the UK aviation industry, and that is what we will aim to do. ..."

Do I detect a change in tone? At least we seem to have got them back to the table. It's a start anyway, and beats being ignored.