PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GULF---MEDICAL AND MONEY
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 17:27
DLM83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Air

Im currently working for Gulf Air and have been here since January, although I have made some great friends, not all that is promise to you in the interview is given to you. The standed of aprtments varies from having no pool and gym, like promised, to having a luxury apartment with pool and a dance studio for a gym complete with sauna and steam room. Nice if you can get it! I dont think its fair that your told before you come that evrybody will be getting the same, because its not true! As for Bahrain being a cosmopoliton country?! If you think its going to be anything like Dubai, your mistaken! Its a country in the making,hence the cranes and building sites everywhere. Eurpoean flights are the best as the passengers, well the minority are nice to you but then you get treated like a slave as far as any one else is concerned!

At the moment its 52 degrees here, only to find that the majority of aircraft dont have an apu or air conditioning whilst on the ground so the sweat is dripping down your face.

You also get the 'local bahraini crew members' thinking that your up for anything and think they can harrass you for the rest of the flight. If you say no you end up being shunted for the rest of the flight.

Bahrain only really has one bar which everyone goes too called jj's and bj's but that gets very boring.

Im on the verge of resigning but need to stay abit longer as i need to get a job to go to back home. If your european the girls only stay for 1 year max, because there is only so much crap you can take.

As far as money is concerned, if you want to stay in the whole time and also stay in your hotel room down route eating noodles then you may have just enough to survive. However if you like a life, get ready for being skint. Youll bring home about 480bd max a month which is bout 600-700 pound.

I flew in the Uk foe two years and the life style and people you work with is alot better.

Dont wish to sound negative but i think that evryone deserves to know what they are coming too. However some people do love here. Hope this helps. x x x x