PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epaulettes
Thread: Epaulettes
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 17:14
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oooh Sanch, I detect bitter and twisted here..... one of the recent graduates of IOTC were you?

You are the ones who had it easy, in my day the training staff were actually allowed to shout at you.......

Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez
So correct me if I am wrong, you spend 5 days at Cranditz, ponce around for group photo's fill in some paperwork, errrrrm, bit of classroom maybe then what a commssioning scroll?? hardly the same as the 24 now 30 odd week course is it???
Fair enough, you do a good/thankless job with cadets et al, however there are a few around the bazaars who regard themselves with a little too much importance.
On the subject of saluting, I would love to see the audacious (Virtual Reality Officer) individual who pulled someone up for not saluting them.....now that would be a larf.
Back to the original question about epaulettes, then any PPL'er who wears 'em should be debriefed accordingly, after all you need to do 20 odd hours and a few exams to drive a car, and I don't see anyone wearing formula 1 racing overalls to nip down to ASDA. It is nothing short of pretentious and a rather sad reflection on the individual........