PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class D crossings!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 16:42
pistongone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its quite a while since i flew the C150 out of Lt Gransden, but i am sure it was either 4500 or it may have been 4000, anything less and we wouldnt have had trouble reaching the level. But, DFC, it was definitely a clearance of that order. Just for the record, we left Gransden and were heading for Southend, tracking about 140deg at 1500' on the QNH. We requested and were given a clearnace, we had about 5 miles to run when we were given the clearance which meant we had to climb 3000' in 5 miles, which would mean a rate of asscent in the order of 1000ft/min- 2 blokes and an old club 150(as declared on initial contact with the ATSU) Surely anyone in the aviation business would know that was a tall(excuse the punn) order!! Now i allways run down the corridor @2000' and drop 800' going into the stubaccross North Weald. I wouldnt say i was an idiot, i would say letting someone into your airspace and then asking them to do something which was nigh on impossible was the stupid course of action! We declared that level was going to be a push and were told to continue We even asked if they would like us to orbit up to altitude before crossing the runway, which was not acceptable so you tell what you would have done? Lastly, i had my instructor with me so we had IR capabilities if required.