PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 15:58
airbusa340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA 1st class color blindness test worries: please don't shoot me down

Hello fellow aviators:
I do apologize If i'm starting another color blindess thread instead of posting in the designated area.
I have aquestion regarding the Isahara color blindness test they administer for 1st class medicals; I applied for a 1st class yesterday and they asked me to flip through a booklet of about 15 or so circles w/ numbers; you guys know the procedure; 2 of them i couldn't read them so i thought they were the unreadable ones they put in just to throw you off in case your color vision isn't normal; the nurse then tells me I got two numbers wrong so if she was right i'm sure those were the ones she was referring to. I've done this test before and I remember there is always one circle at the end that doesn't have a number emerge to color normal individuals, but it turns out that in this boklet all the circles contained a number. I still got the class 1; the doctor never mentioned anything abou that, but my question is if this has ever happened to any of you before and if you have to get all the samples right in order to qualify to pass w/ the color vison test or if there is some percentage you have to score above. I've taken a bunch of samples online that same day when I got home and I never managed to find that same color circle which I couldn't decipher; so my guess is that my color vision is fine; could I be wrong??