PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian vs. FAA License.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 15:12
yyzdub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not having an FAA nor a Canadian license, I do have quite a bit of experience of license conversions and can assure you that when looking for jobs, most countries or at least the ones you would be likely to probably get work in are more concerned with experience and time on type than the license. However, I do think that the training as a whole (of course there are exceptions) may be slightly better than in the US - this is where I get my head bitten off and converting, especially for a wannabe, could be easier given the training you have received but again there are exceptions to every rule.

As for more jobs in the UK with an FAA license really only holds true typically within the corporate jet sector where a majority of aircraft are N reg.

Either way though, a license is really just that a license - it all comes down to experience and time on type. Personally I would choose my training location based on location and what I can see and do there and hopefully somewhere that can offer a bit of a challenge and excitement i.e. flying in and out of the same fields and seeing nothing but flat will get boring - FAST!

Best of luck