PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 14:13
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHP, do I know you???

Hi guys!

Big Hairy Potatoes, have we met??? I am sure one of my SEP instructors has used the term "heads up"... and how do you know about POST imparticular??? You must be Virgin Crew... or even worse.... one of the EP instructors !!!!!! IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN??????!!!!!?????

I am fully aware that people have failed the POST course before, so, I did take notes in class today, and I have not slacked off at all! (Even though all I wanted to do was go home to bed...) I am still really trying my hardest to pass the exam on our final day but it is all good. I have done ok up until now...

But, as I have for the last 3.5 weeks of training been keeping you guys up to date with all the gossip from the classroom... I think I should continue with another diary entry. Here's today's...

Virgin Blue Training - Week 4, Day 3. Wednesday August 23, 2006 (7 days of training to go)

It feels like 80% of the pressure has been taken off my shoulders. I felt the ability to breathe a little easier today. Everyone was in a bit of a funny mood in class today - just lazing about... not much energy at all, but that's because we are all so stuffed from yesterday's big day !
Today, as BHP so correctly said, was the beginning of POST training. POST stands for Something Online Service Training. Don't ask me... I think for the first half an hour today I was a little brain dead. It's ok... someone today told me that they had gone to a clairvoyant who was able to see spirits... and she was surprised that the clairvoyant happened to be a medium... I asked them is that bad for a clairvoyant to be a size bigger than small???? (Never mind ) Moving right along...

We practiced on the carts today. We learnt the basics of serving drinks and food, and we learnt about the galley set ups and who goes on what trolley for service - all important stuff, but half of us wished that we just weren't there. I could tell by the looks on people's faces that all they wanted to do was go to bed. After lunch I got an attack of the sleepies too... I am glad to be going to bed relatively soon too.

Thats it really - oh, and at the end of the day the trainers gave us about 20 minutes to practice on our "wings night" presentation that we have to do for them. In other words, they expect us to put on a little performance whether it be a song or dance about our training school for the wings night. Ours should be fun - and as I am very aware that anyone could be reading these diary entries, I will not say what we are going to do... you guys are just going to have to wait for the pictures .

Tomorrow we are learning all about the OBT whatever that means, and I know that we have an hour to practice the safety demonstration... fun fun fun especially when you point out the wrong exits!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------I hope my diary entries cover all the stuff you guys want to know - if there is anything else, just pm me. BHP, please let me know who you are... you might just be pleasantly surprised as to who I am!!!

Until then y'all...

STF - Do I even need to write who this is???