PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 10:49
mccdatabase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never condoned bullying from management, I too find some of the tactics they employ rather distasteful, however is this proposed industrial action about management behavior or is it about an enforced pay rise,if it is the former there are better ways to deal with the issue than risking the future of a long standing company in a rather fragile market, if it is the latter even if action did suceed in raising the rise by maybe a per cent or so the disruption and inconvenience to our customers would cause even more of them to turn to other carriers in which case the tiny profits already made would be wiped out and we would all be back in the same situation next year ! this is not management spin as you call it, IT IS COMMON SENSE, there is a right time to play hardball and there is also a right time to be realistic, too many companies have gone down the pan because a few militants thought they knew better, I do not want to see bmi be another
I am sorry that my humble opinion seems to provoke such vitriolic responses from some of my colleagues but if nothing else it seems to be creating discussion and hopefully is making everyone think very carefully before setting in motion a process that could be disasterous for us all