PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACon Cptains - Do Not Offer Them Pizza
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 08:40
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marlowe
Flybywire. there is nothing missing from this story all the hot bits that are cooked onboard and are not sold are binned ie. pizza and the all day breakfasts. they are noted on the paperwork but then go in the bin some crew think this is a waste and distribute it out among the crew to eat.The captain ate a slice of pizza and when he got back to base just checked with the fleet office to see if it was ok to do so ,anybody who knows the name that has been attached to this story would understand his actions, as he is a highly regarded captain and likes to be abreast of currant rules and regs. At no time did he wish to get any crew into trouble and would not have set out to do so as has been suggested. thats it end of story no hidden agendas, no bad crm, no hatred of cabin crew involved just a captain who was unsure of procedure at that point and wanted clarification of the rules and regs for future reference .
Marlowe I did not make any comment about your captain and especially I didn't mention CRM.

However can I just say that you can ask about a procedure without saying what reallty happened, like this:

"Excuse me, could you tell me what happens to the catering that has not been sold? Are crew allowed to eat it if it has not been sold?"

No need to say names or involve someone who thought they were doing something good for their captain, and no need to say that he accepted the offer and actually ate it!

(Who sells drugs is as guilty as who buys, so I am told)

As I said though, the story presented by "dont like pizza" might have been twisted, that's why I said I felt there's something missing to the story.
I also tend not to trust people who appear just to write one post and then disappear, I can smell burnt behind this so I am not taking any side here, I am not in the position to!

Cheer up and enjoy your pizza......you made me want one now so I am going to put the oven on.

Cheers!!!!!!

FBW