PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nae photography oot the windae on BA?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 08:15
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Self Loading Freight
Just a quicky for the BA CC here -
Over on the SLF forum, I've posted a report from a blog where a pax claims he was prevented taking a photograph out of the window on a BA flight. On asking why, he says he was told that such things are now verboten on all BA flights - not just by area.
Nobody in the numbered seats knows of any such rule. Was our snap-happy blogger misinformed, or should we all now keep our Instamatics safely stowed for the duration?
(Compulsory rant about stoopid security rules, Google Maps, the unbearable business of modern travel and why-oh-why-oh-why: not pictured)
R
That is incorrect. We had a new red notice issued just a few months ago regarding this. Nothing new has come since the new security level. It is not forbidden to take pictures on board BA flights provided that:

a) The seat belt sign has been estinguished after take off. This is a delicate phase of flight and all electronic/digital/you name it devices must be switched off. This applies also when the seat belt sign is turned on before landing: no electronic devices, etc. permitted. Again, very delicate phase of flight.

b) it is amatorial and not professional (for example TV crew) unless previously authorised by the company/captain. However even in these circumstances the above a) rule applies. If at anytime CC are in doubt that any of these things are happening they have the right to request the person to stop filming/taking pictures.

c) it is not disturbing the CC and their job, be it safety or service related. I once was on a flight where a group of boys and girls kept taking pics of us in the cabin but they were making one of my colleagues very embarassed and were making the service difficult. In this case also we can ask for the photography to stop or to be directed towards the beautiful Alps instead!!

Happy flying.....

FBW