PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 04:57
chandlers dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DuncanF
However to take something through to handover to another to another person boarding a different flight where you and your poodle finish unharmed may be an offer that you couldn't refuse.

Your point about profiling makes sense. A mechanism like the customs have currently where their training and experience help them select good targets for checking would narrow the coercion loophole. Good point. One would hope that BAA would talk to the customs people and find out how it's done. Hmmm.
Duncan
Please read my post. Then apply it to 99.99% of all the flight crew out there. There is nothing that can be done to me to get me or any of my fellow crewmembers to carry ANYTHING through security then hand it to anyone, period!

We love our job but on the other hand we also are law abiding people (for the most part) and would do nothing to jeopardise anything to do with the flight. I could care less if it were another airline, cargo airplane or C-150 buzzing around the countryside. We would not do it for anyone.

The Israeli's have used profiling for years and are experts at it. When we get to the point where we concentrate on the device and not the person/people trying to do stupid things like this, then we are going to lose. The sooner we adopt profiling, the better.

CD

PS I still do not have a poodle. Would eat dirt before I got a poodle. They are for dizzy blonde's with big hooters. I am neither!