PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 22:18
DuncanF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chandlers Dad,

I don't suggest that they may coerce you into doing the deed yourself or to turn a blind eye to someone else on your aircraft doing something. There is no "upside" for you in that arrangement. However to take something through to handover to another to another person boarding a different flight where you and your poodle finish unharmed may be an offer that you couldn't refuse.

Danny,

I'm not suggesting that other trades moving airside should go through with impunity, far from it. I acknowledge that the current arrangments are far from comprehensive/even handed. I just point out that "I'm in a position of trust so I should be trusted" cannot be a rational basis for an argument to remove checks from *any* group of people with regular access airside.

Your point about profiling makes sense. A mechanism like the customs have currently where their training and experience help them select good targets for checking would narrow the coercion loophole. Good point. One would hope that BAA would talk to the customs people and find out how it's done. Hmmm.

Duncan