PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Easy Jet Applications ????????
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2002, 19:19
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not averse to companies having selection procedures and, at the end of the day, it's the employer that's calling the shots.. .. .However, I do think that some of these parlour games have gone a bit too far and there seems over-reliance on such procedures.. .. .Is the path to success really based on having staff who are easily (sorry - no pun intended!) "brain-washed" or employing pilots who are "yes-people" with no individuality? I think not.. .. .We have to start with the outcome in mind and I still tend to think that the best people to assess pilots are (guess what!) fellow pilots! I think I can get a pretty good idea within a short period as to whether I would enjoy doing my third night flight to Paphos with a fellow colleague.. .. .I can only think that a lot of companies are using these systems so that they can blame an outside agency when it all goes wrong!. .. .As an experienced professional pilot I take the view that what you see is what you get and I am not prepared to lose "congruency" by pretending to be someone who I am not. If that means I cannot get a job with that company then I would rather not work for them.