PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Easy Jet Applications ????????
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2002, 14:05
Budgie69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumbojockey - I take issue with you on the usefullness of group lego exercises during a selection process.. .. .A few years ago I was part of the selection team for BA. I used to mark application forms, do interviews and observe the group exercises. To my surprise, the group exercise gave me far more info about applicants than anything else.. .. .Like you I was very sceptical about lego etc. until I started to watch what happened. It very soon became apparent who could work well with others, who sulked when their ideas were rejected, who was unable to make their views heard, and who just HAD to be IN CHARGE. In short it gave a reasonably good pointer about who could work well as part of a team. There is no point in hiring a copilot who can fly an immaculate ILS engine out in a 30 kt crosswind if he is not going to speak up when he sees his captain about to do something stupid, and there is no point in hiring a captain who can do an even more immaculate ILS in an even stronger crosswind if he is going to refuse to listen to the voice of a concerned copilot.. .. .I interviewed both cadets and experienced pilots - some very experienced with several thousand more flying hours than myself - and in all cases I found the group exercise the most revealing part of the selection process.