PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2005, 18:11
RotorSwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Droop

Droopstop

I've before worked in the IT sector as both a technician and supervisor. I've also had a few extrajobs doing very diffrent stuff. So I've got a pretty good view of the jobmarket in general.

Now I'm studying to be a pilot. I find many of your oppinions quite remarkable. I consider being a professional pilot one of the most qualified jobs you can have. But ofcourse, this is a matter of oppinion. I guess there are people who feel that beeing a electrician (a high school education in this country) is more demanding than sitting 1000 feet up in the air flying a helicopter.

What sort of jobs have you had flying to make you have the oppinion that pilots work so little and sit on their a** so much ? I currently work extra at a helicoptercompany that builds mobilephone antennas and various work like that. We work very hard every shift I'm there, the pilots fly much every day.

My friend who works in EMS might not fly more than 2-3h per 8h shift, but on the other hand much of the flying is very demanding and there are company rules about rest between IFR/NVG flying.

I dont think you and me share anything in this matter, anyway I wish you all the best...

Regards

RotorSwede