PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2005, 22:36
Heliseka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLYING LAWYER..

I do agree with you on some accounts but let me tell you a trade is not as easy as you may think it is to get.. I dont no about in the U.K but in N.Z its alot of work ..I had to go to night school for two years as well as working ,and the Trade exam was bloody hard , its not just smacking in a few nails in or bending afew pipes.. You have to learn alot of engineering for structural work. Spec, Building regs and codes of practice... anyway enough on that.. I was just saying if you are young and want to fly, within afew years of hard work put in you can earn great money and take your trade anywhere in the world with you, while you fly, and instead of fighting to build hours with a massive loan and competing with everyone else.. You can work quite flexable hours on good money... and not sit round and moan about having a massive loan and how to pay for it.. Out of five stiff wing lads i worked part time with while i was doing my trade, one flys in OZ and the other four are working verous jobs not involved in aviation all these lads spent about 85k and three years at uni doing av degree...