PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2005, 19:23
Hummingfrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello FL

My "rant" on lawyers was against DS's assertions on the merits of different professions. I fully appreciate what you have done for the pilot brotherhood

However!!

I understand your dig at my reasoning despite getting a Bsc Eng (at a reasonable Uni - Durham) you are protecting your profession.

It doesn't, however, take rocket science to work out that if you take £2 Billion( Gov figures) out of any industry then there will be significant economic implications. Your private work will be under pressure from more lawyers who have lost public work which will drive down rates. The good will survive the mediocre will not.

America is indeed different but I doubt better. There are lawyers making huge amounts of money, and some not; but that is funded out of insurance premiums not tax. In fact we are going that way in this country. My brother's engineering company has had its public liability insurance sky rocket due to the compensation culture encouraged by lawyers - if you disagree with that statement have you been in an A&E hospital dept recently and seen the adverts for lawyers or watched Sky TV whose adverts are full of "claims firms"

I shared a flat at Uni with a law student and I would say that the work and effort we did was the same, he went on to articles and I joined the RAF.

I still assert that my particular piloting profession rates higher than a lawyer as against Droopystops list.

HF

(PS will you still represent me at public rates if I ever need you
)