PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pay-for-membership Job websites
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 16:59
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmilingKnifed
Fair points both Scroggs. As for the question itself, do you have a view on these sights in general. Are they worth it or are they a waste of time?
I have yet to discover one that has any information that's not already in the public domain. Airlines do not give exclusive deals to privately-run websites to advertise their jobs; these sites exist primarily to give their bedroom-based owners a bit of pocket money. Pprune has far more information and it's free.

here are plenty of employed instructors out there who use this part of PPrune all the time no one seems to bother them! IMHO, I think their question falls under the remit of the "interviews, jobs and sponsorship" forum.
There are a few sites that are regularly referenced here because they are a) free and b) trustworthy. Some individuals in the flying training business get a loose lead because they give good, worthwhile advice without advertising their businesses. Without them, you would have to rely entirely on rumours and 'advice' provided by people who know no more than you do, which isn't really worth a great deal.

Of course, I could ban them all and you could all talk to the electronic version of a mirror...

Scroggs