PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 16:38
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy,
welcome to the debate.

For the record - the whole point of the Campaign is to state that the burden of proof in place at the time of the accident - Absolutely No Doubt Whatsoever - has not been achieved by the known, available, factual evidence.

The MoD can't say what the cloud cover looked like from the cockpit, they cannot say at what time the waypoint change was made, they cannot say exactly where the waypoint change was made, they cannot say whether both pilots agreed with the course of action taken, they cannot say that the aircraft was fully serviceable throughout the short flight and it would appear that not all witnesses were located and debriefed . It's only fair to point out that I can't answer the questions either, but you would think that someone with absolutely no doubt whatsoever would be in a position to do so. Unfortunatley, no one alive can.

As I have said before, if someone can provide me with firm evidence, which proves Jon and Rick guilty of negligence, with absolutely no doubt whatsoever, I will happly make a public apology, shut up and go away forever.

The MoD have not, and cannot, prove their case to the required burden of proof and it is an absolute disgrace that they continue to stick to the same discredited mantra for the past 12 years.

That is why the Campaign exists.

Caz, get yer own catchphrase! -

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook