PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loans for funding flying training.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 15:58
Boing7117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go_solo - I'm pretty sure that HSBC have never listed Pilot Training as a suitable course for a Professional Studies Loan.
The arrangement between OAT and HSBC, Oxford is very much a bespoke package which links closely to the T's & C's of a PSL.
The difference is the interest rate is pretty favourable and you don't have to begin making repayments until 6 months after completion of the OAT course.
In answer to your questions
I plan to complete my modular fATPL and wonder if they will consider modular training - I have the minimum hours etc
As far as I know the loan arrangement between HSBC and yourselves is based upon successful acceptance onto one of the integrated courses with OAT - I could be wrong but I think the modular course is exempt from this arrangement.
What are the current terms of the loan, i.e. payable over 7 years with no payments until after the end of the course??
The current terms (or the one's they set) bases your first repayment at month 21 (6 months after completion of the OAT course) and this term spans a maximum of 11 years.
If you were successful, how detailed was your business plan?
The template provided by OAT is a pretty decent plan that outlines everything a bank manager needs to know.
I also thought it was useful to take my parents along to the interview (since they ultimately secured my loan against our house)
I also prepared a thorough living cost projection which included my current savings, expenses including accommodation, food, bills, petrol for the car, life insurance, contingencies etc etc
I was also successful in getting the loan required.