PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 14:40
mccdatabase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worked for bmi in excess of 20 years and although they have never been the best payers in the industry they have NOT been the worst either, in fact some of the better payers who were out there have now gone bust I wonder why? !!. I also was not happy about the 2.4% rise but taking into account the fact that the company has only just managed to turn a small profit after several years of losses I felt that it was just about as reasonable as could be expected. On previous occasions when times were hard we did not get any annual rise some years, NONE of us has a God given right to expect or demand unrealistic pay rises and I would rather be in work this time next year than have had a big rise for a few months then be made jobless, it is interesting to note that the unions seem to be encouraging action, could this be because they feel like they were left out of the loop in this years pay rise??. I agree that some of the business decisions that have been made of late have been questionable but Sir Michael Bishop is nobodys fool and I am sure he will be addressing the problems and their causes, now is not the time to be playing a game of brinkmanship or listening to a few discontented rabble rousers, get real people and please dont be the turkeys who voted for christmas!!

ps before someone accuses ; I am not management NOR do I have aspirations to management

Last edited by mccdatabase; 22nd Aug 2006 at 15:22.